Results from online survey for students: High standard
As a result in participating in Sexwise most (90% or more) students can identify 3 or more practices that one might undertake to practice safer sex.
- Over 80% listed 3 safer sex practices
- At least 50% listed 5 safer sex practices
- Use of condoms listed by all
- Other listed practices include: taking responsibility for yourself, saying no, knowing your partner first, an awareness of the issues with sex and alcohol, having someone to talk to about these things, delaying or waiting for the right time to have sex, communicating with prospective partners, and taking responsibility in supporting friends.
- Practices mentioned only a small number of times: personal cleanliness, contraception and abstinence.
- In responding to what might be done differently by contributors the same things were identified as above, and in the responses given in advice to characters in Sexwise these things are also common.